Monday, June 3, 2013

UK Drugstore Haul

After 12 days in the UK, I definitely couldn't resist a couple of trips to Boots, Superdrug, and a few other shops, as well!


 One of the first purchases I made was the MUA Undress Me Too Palette (£4 from Superdrug).  I saw Essiebutton use this in one of her videos and I had to pick it up.  Of course, after I used it once or twice, I couldn't help but notice that it's a complete dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (which I already own), so this purchase was slightly unnecessary, but I'll still use this one.





I also couldn't help myself when I went to the Natural Collection section of Boots.  There was a 3 for £5 offer going on, and I thought I'd take advantage of it!  I opted for Pink Cloud, Dusty Rose, and Sweet Cheeks (L-R in the swatches above).  I now think I own every single blusher from Natural Collection, but I really like them, plus they're super cheap!




I also decided to get some things I've heard a lot about: the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.50) and the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder (£12).  The concealer seems to be a favorite among British Youtubers/Bloggers, so I had to get my hands on it.  I opted for the lightest shade: Ivory, and it seems to work pretty well for me.  As for the powder, I went to Boots almost every day on the hunt for this, but it was always sold out!  Finally, on my last full day in London, I managed to arrive at Boots right as the Soap & Glory section was being restocked, I grabbed it and high-tailed it straight for the till!



While I was in London, I also decided to pop into & Other Stories (a few times), a new store on Regent Street that everyone is going on about.  I wasn't super impressed with the beauty offerings they had, but still managed to find a few things.  I opted for the blush in Canvas Taupe (£10), a natural pink with a very misleading name, it's definitely not a taupe blusher!  I then decided to get an eyeshadow in Cubica Mauve (£7), which looks like it may be a dupe for MAC Quarry, though I can't be sure, as I don't own Quarry.  I also decided to get an eyeliner in Tricolette Naquet (£6), a shimmery, pinky-champagne color that I thought would add something to my waterline from time to time.  Finally, I decided to get one of their nail polishes, which I've heard mixed reviews on.  I opted for Damask Rosé (£5), a gorgeous rose gold shade that I'm really looking forward to testing out!





I may have gone a bit nail polish crazy...  However, in my defense, there are a lot of amazing formulas for nail polish in the UK, that we can't get in the US or Germany, so this was my last chance to snatch them up before I move back to the US!  I got four new Models Own nail polishes (as they're probably my favorite): Purple Ash, Bloo Boo, Utopia, and Feeling Blue (£5 each).  I also went in to Topshop and couldn't leave with the Celestial Nail Polish (£5), which I've heard a lot about in the past.  Once I got to the Barry M section, I restrained myself and only bought Raspberry (£3).  Finally, I opted to get the Rimmel Rose Libertine Nail Polish (£3.50), that seems to be getting quite popular!

As you can see, some damage was done at the drugstore, but I can't deny some of the gorgeous products the UK has to offer!  I also made some slightly naughtier purchases at some high-end counters throughout the UK, which you can see here (post will be up in 2 days time)!

Have you tried any of these products?  Is there anything that I missed from my multiple trips to the drugstore that I should add to the list for when I return to the UK (hopefully) next Summer?


Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment