Friday, June 21, 2013

Guerlain Apres l'Ondee 100 Rouge Automatique Review

Last month, I was in Duty Free at the Frankfurt Airport walking around and waiting to get on my flight to London.  After swatching a fair amount of different lipsticks from different brands, I just decided to go full out and get the highest of high-ends: Guerlain.  I opted to get the Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Apres l'Ondee 100 ($35).  I had swatched this in February preceding a different flight to London and fell in love then, but just couldn't justify the hefty price (even with the discount).  So, when I swatched it again, I had to have it.


Apres l'Ondee is a dusty rose (more rose than dusty) with subtle shimmer.  I've been wearing it non-stop since I bought it, and it has quickly become one of my favorite lipsticks.  It's definitely an everyday lipstick, but it could also be worn at night without it looking out of place.


One of the things that I really like about this lipstick is the formula of the lipstick.  If it were a MAC lipstick, it would fall into the Creamsheen category.  It's an opaque color, but it's also so moisturizing!  During May, I still was having issues with wearing lipsticks, and could only wear really moisturizing ones, and this was one that I could apply to my lips without my lips feeling really dehydrated immediately afterwards.  Once, I forgot my chapstick and needed to apply something moisturizing to my lips, so I applied this and my lips couldn't tell the difference - So. Much. Moisture.  It's really great!

However, as much as I love the color and the formula of this lipstick, there is one downfall to it - the packaging.  Now, don't get me wrong, the packaging is really nice to look at, and it's also super fun to play with, BUT it's too boxy.  I've taken to calling this my 'box lipstick', as I feel like the housing for this lipstick overpowers what's inside the damn box.  The shape of the packaging makes it difficult to apply the lipstick, and when I'm applying it, I constantly smudge my lipstick - which is nothing short of annoying.  Is the packaging a dealbreaker? No, but it's probably my least favorite packaging for any lipstick - drugstore or high-end.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this lipstick if you're looking into it or just looking for a splurge, just be wary of the packaging!


Longevity: 4/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Texture: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Value For Money: 4/5 
Overall Rating: 8.17/10

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page



No comments:

Post a Comment