Monday, June 17, 2013

NOTD: Rimmel Rose Libertine

If you saw my recent UK Drugstore Haul, then you'll know I went a bit nail polish crazy (I got 7 - yes, 7).  I couldn't restrain myself from the offerings, and the first one I decided to don on my nails was Rimmel's Rose Libertine (£3.50).



If you haven't already guessed from the name, it's a rose color, a stunning rose color.  I've recently started getting into pinks on my nails, which is pretty much unheard of for me.  Pink on my lips? Yes.  Pink on my cheeks? Yes.  Even a little hint of pink-based eyeshadow? Sure.  But pink on my nails, that's pretty much unheard territory for me.

Rose Libertine seems to last pretty well on my nails, about 3 days into wear and I've yet to see any chipping.  However, I do have an issue with the formulation of this one.  I've only applied this once, but when I applied it, it didn't apply smoothly, but kind of streaky and even a tad clumpy on some nails.  

The bottle also says that you only need one coat of this for an opaque shade, which is definitely not true.  After one coat, there was a streaky pink tint to my nails, but after two, it was totally opaque.  But like I said, you definitely couldn't get away with one coat of this stuff.

Overall, I'm content with this nail polish.  The color is gorgeous and worth and formulation issues I have with the nail polish, but I'm going to give it another go sometime soon to see if it was just a one time thing!

Follow with GFC on the sideof the page

No comments:

Post a Comment