Tuesday, January 15, 2013

All Things Rose

I am a massive fan of rose, the scent, the color, the hydrating effect it adds to skincare products.  It's just something I naturally gravitate towards in a beauty product (or in a flower!).  I have accumulated quite the collection of Rose beauty products, so I thought I would share them with you!



I am without a doubt in love with the scent of roses, and that becomes quite obvious to someone once they see my perfume collection.  It's filled with rose scented perfumes, but my three perfumes that smell the most like rose? Zara Woman Rose EDT (€10),LUSH Imogen Rose Solid Perfume ($15.95), and Dolce & Gabanna Rose The One EDP ($98/ 2.5 fl. oz.).



Zara Woman Rose EDT is very light, but has the sweetness of rose without any powder in it.  I love wearing it in the summertime.  LUSH Imogen Rose is the solid form of roses, it smells as if I'm walking through a field of roses whenever I put it on.  I did an entire post on Imogen Rose, which you can read here.  Finally, Dolce & Gabanna Rose The One EDP, my first designer perfume and my favorite scent of all time, smells light like the Zara EDT, but has the deepness of Imogen Rose, but there is not any hint of powder in this amazing fragrance, it's just a beautiful rose scent with a bit of fruitiness to it.



Rose is also meant to be really hydrating when put in skincare, so I try and use skincare with roses in it whenever possible.  I don't have much, but I love the LUSH Eau Roma Water ($21.95), which is a rose water toner that I use day and night to hydrate my skin.  I also really like the L'Occitane Hand Cream in Rose 4 Reines ($10), which smells just like roses and pairs perfectly with any of my rose scented perfumes!

Left to Right:
Revlon Lipstick in Rose Velvet
Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment
Burberry Lip Cover in No. 04 Rosewood
 
Top to Bottom:
Burberry Lip Cover in No. 04 Rosewood
Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment
Revlon Lipstick in Rose Velvet
I also am a fan of rose colored lipsticks and lip balms.  I love Revlon Lipstick in Rose Velvet (about $6), it's one of my favorite lipsticks, it's an orangey-brick red color that I think would flatter a lot of people!  I also really like the Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment ($22.50), which gives of the slightest amount of color to the lips, but hydrates beautifully!  I also like the Burberry Lip Cover in No. 04 Rosewood ($30), which not only gives off an orangey-brick red color (but less orange than Revlon Lipstick in Rose Velvet), but also smells like roses!  All Burberry Beauty products smell like roses, which is something I love about the brand, as I could literally just sit there all day smelling my eyeshadows!


Left to Right:
Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 09 Rosewood
Dior Shimmer Star 001 Rose Diamond
Next, I have a few more make-up bits that also consist of rose colors/scents: Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush ($44), Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 09 Rosewood ($29), and Dior Shimmer Star 001 Rose Diamond ($44).  The Dior Rosy Glow Blush is really nice, as it reacts to your pH level (or something scientific like that) to give you the perfect rosy cheeks!  The Burberry Eyeshadow in Rosewood is a gorgeous pinky-purpley taupe color that I think would look good on just about anyone.  Also, just like the Burberry Lip Cover in No. 04 Rosewood, it smells like roses!  Finally, Dior Rose Diamond is a beautiful highlighter that gives off a rosy highlight to the cheeks.  You could potentially use it as your blush, but you would need to be careful of looking like a disco ball!  I think this highligher would look particularly gorgeous on people with cool skin-tones.


NEOM Complete Bliss and NEOM Sumptuous

To round this up, I have two candles I want to briefly mention: NEOM Complete Bliss and NEOM Sumptuous (see post here for full review), which run £15 each for the travel-sizes.  NEOM probably has the most luxurious range of candle scents on the market, both of these candles have gorgeous true rose scents that fill up the entire room. Complete Bliss is more of a true rose scent than Sumptuous, which has Neroli added to it for complexity and luxury.

Are you a fan of rose scents/skincare/colors? Or is it not for you?

You can read my most recent post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment