Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Candle Review

At the end of November, I was wandering through the massive Douglas in Frankfurt buying some Christmas gifts for my family and I couldn't resist buying this candle for myself when I saw that there was a Jo Malone Concession inside.

I've heard a fair amount about Jo Malone Fragrances, Skincare, and Candles, but I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't find it outside of the UK, so when I found it in Germany I spent a good amount of time smelling every single candle at the concession.  I finally settled on the Blackberry & Bay Candle, which is definitely one of their more popular Candle scents.




It's something I would classify as a year-round scent, heavy enough for the Winter, but light enough for the Summer, as well.  It's definitely a fruity scent, the blackberry is very obvious, but there is a slight woodiness to it, as well, making the scent very complex.  It is really lovely and fills up a room easily with the scent, whether lit or unlit.

The Jo Malone Website describes the candle as such:
Bring the outdoors in with this joyful candle.  Inspired by childhood memories of blackberry picking.  A burst of deep, tart blackberry juice, blending with the freshness of just-gathered bay and brambly woods.

The candle consists of 200G and is supposed to burn for about 45 hours.

It runs for a hefty €52/$68/£38, but it was too gorgeous to say no!  After I finish this up, I'll definitely be going back to the Jo Malone Concession in Frankfurt and getting another one.  What's more, after I finish burning this, it will be great to turn into a brush holder!

No comments:

Post a Comment