Friday, January 18, 2013

Best of Skincare 2012!

Here's my favorite Skincare bits of 2012!




I use the Clarisonic Mia ($119) every morning to clean my face, I initially didn't like this that much, I thought it didn't do much, but once I switched from the Sensitive Brush Head that comes with the Mia to the Normal Brush Heads it made a massive difference and now I can't live without this! I have heard that some people go through a purging stage with the Clarisonic, when their skin is at it's absolute worst, but that (thankfully) didn't happen to me!

I've used the LUSH Eau Roma Water ($21.95 for 8.4 fl. oz.) exclusively since I bought it at the first LUSH Store I ever went to in Glasgow, Scotland this summer!  It's an amazing product and reasonably priced, as well.  Plus, it lasts ages, I've been using mine twice a day for about 7 months and I still have about 30% left!

For my day moisturizer, I tried a few different ones this year, but nothing compared to the Algenist Firming &  Lifting Cream ($94).  I used my Beauty Insider Points at Sephora to get a deluxe sample of this in August and I still haven't run out of it (though I'm fairly close to running out now), despite the fact that I've used it basically everyday since I got it! It's unbelievably expensive, but if you get it from Sephora during the VIB Sale it doesn't hurt as bad (that's when I purchased the full-size of it), though it still is pretty painful.

Because my Algenist moisturizer doesn't have an SPF, I also use a Sunscreen for my face to protect my very fair complexion.  I fell in love with the Clarins SPF 30 Sun Wrinkle Control Cream For Face (€28).  Although, I don't necessarily need a sunscreen to protect from wrinkles, it definitely doesn't hurt!  I also love that this sunscreen is really creamy and doesn't feel sticky on my face after I apply it.  It also doesn't smell like sunscreen, which is a major bonus!

I started trying out a few different serums this year, but I am currently using the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum ($48) and I love it so much.  I've already used up my first sample of this and am quickly going through my second sample tube.  Once I run out of this serum, I know for a fact I will invest in the full-size of this, especially because Caudalie products are much cheaper in Europe than in the US!

To remove my make-up I use Bioderma, which is possibly the greatest make-up remover I've ever used.  I think it's about €10 in France, but it's hard to get a hold of outside of France, though I have luckily found a pharmacy in my city in Germany that sells it!

I also became something of a mask-fiend this year, ending the year with a collection of about 5, which is more than enough!  However, my favorite of the bunch has to be the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque ($38).  It makes your skin feel really clean, it helps to clear out my pores, but it exfoliates at the same time, making it something that is well-loved by me!

For spot treatments, I always use the Origins Super Spot Remover ($14.50).  You need the smallest amount and within a day or two, your spot is gone!  It's really a miracle worker and I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out (which won't be for a while since you only need the tiniest amount).

Finally, my lip balm of choice this year (and every year for that matter) is the Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil (about $4).  I've loved this stuff for years, it's so hydrating, and smells amazing!

I hope you enjoyed the second installment of my 'Best of Beauty 2012' Series, you can check out the first part (Body-Care and Fragrance) here! You can also read my most recent post here!




No comments:

Post a Comment