Thursday, January 10, 2013

December 2012 Beauty Favorites

I took a little break from the blogging world, but after a month of computer issues and world-travelling, I'm back in Germany and I'm ready to get back to business!

I thought I'd kick off the new year with a small (being a relative term) post about my December Beauty Favorites.  I've kept to the same foundation routine since about September/October, so I don't want to keep mentioning the same products over and over again, so these are just the products that I integrated into my everyday Make-up/skincare routines.




Eyes & Face:



I don't stray from my eye make-up routine at all, except for my eyeshadow, which changes all the time.  However, this month, I stuck to one eyeshadow throughout the entire month: Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 09 Rosewood.  It is such a gorgeous shade, a kind of rosey/purpley taupe color that I think could suit anyone, whether dark or light, warm-toned or cool-toned!  It's pricey at $29, but you get a lot of product and I know it'll last me for quite a long time.



I decided to cut back on the products I use on my cheeks, so instead of using a contour color, a blush, and a highlighter, I made myself choose between the three.  I ended up going for a bronzer, my only bronzer: Laura Mercier Bronzer in Golden Bronze.  It's a shimmery bronzer, so it covers both bases for a bronzer and a highlighter, which I love!  It's also a great bronzer for people with pale skin (i.e. me) as it isn't super orange (although it looks so in the pan), it just gives a slight tan to the cheeks, making those of us with ghost-white skin a chance at looking alive :) I bought this from Sephora for $34.

Lips:




I found myself in MAC at the beginning of the month and left with this shade, Capricious.  It's a lustre finish, so it's definitely wearable during the day, but it can be built up, as well.  It's a gorgeous red-plum shade with a subtle gold shimmer, that doesn't transfer to the lips.  I sometimes find it hard to pull off plum, but this works perfectly with my skin tone! I bought this for €19.




On days when I wasn't feeling up to wearing lipstick, I opted for the Korres Lip Butter in Plum.  Like I said, I sometimes find it hard to pull off plum, and this is no exception.  However, this really only stains your lips, so I found it easier to work with than a full blown plum lipstick.  I bought this at www.feelunique.com for about $10. 

Perfume:



I wore Burberry Body Rose Gold EDP for the first half of the month, I've already done a review on this (see post here), so I won't go into it too much, but I love this scent, it's gorgeous! I bought this at Duty Free at London Heathrow for £60.

During the second half of the month, I was in the U.S. for the holidays, so I needed to bring something travel friendly with me, so I brought my usual travel-scent: CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle EDP.  I fell in love with this scent, it's gorgeous, not too girly, but also not too woody.  I definitely think it could be worn anytime of the year, and anytime I wear it, I get compliments, I highly recommend it!  I bought mine at the CHANEL Pop-Up store in Covent Garden for £46.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope everyone had really nice holidays and a great new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment