Monday, January 21, 2013

MAC Lingering Brow Pencil Review

A few months ago, I posted about my favorite Brow item, the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe (review here).  Now, nothing has changed in my opinion about that, I am still in love.  However, I recently became aware that I may run out of it before I go back to the US in August, so I decided to start trying out a few different options to see if anything else would work.

I attempted the usual MAC eyeshadows in Omega and Charcoal Brown mix ($12 each for pan versions), but it just didn't really work for me.  So, when I was at MAC last month, I decided to pick up their Brow Pencil in Lingering (€18) just to try something new.

Heavily swatched
Lingering is a light brown shade, that is pretty neutral in it's shading, it's not quite a cool taupe, but there isn't too much warmth to it, either.  It's basically the pencil version of the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Taupe ($42), except a bit warmer.

The other thing I've noticed when using the pencil is that it takes a lot more effort to apply.  I definitely don't use this very often, because I'm lazy and I don't want to take longer than about 10 seconds doing my brows. It does leave a really nice finish to the brows, filling in any gaps I have without making it look obvious I've used something for my eyebrows.

I don't know if this has swayed me from my Tom Ford, but for anyone who is looking for a less expensive option, this is really nice!

You can read my last post here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment