Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sephora VIB Sale Haul!

In November, Sephora put on their semi-annual VIB Sale, which basically means that all the VIBs get 20% off of everything in store for a specific amount of time (usually a couple of days).  I couldn't resist a 20% discount, so I used that opportunity to get a pretty large amount of stuff (and some of my most expensive wishes) off of my very long Sephora Shopping List!  However, as I currently live in Germany, I wasn't able to pick up my order until I went home for Christmas.  So, without further ado, here is my (very) belated Sephora VIB Sale Haul!

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask ($55)
I've heard a lot about this mask and I've been wanting to try it out for a really long time, but the $55 price tag always kept me away from purchasing it.  I've only used this once since I got it, but it has a weird consistency, like I was putting Marmalade on my face.  I need to further test it out, but so far it seems pretty nice!

Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream ($94)
This was without a doubt my most expensive purchase and the one that I most wanted.  I received a deluxe sample of this cream in August from Sephora and I fell in love with the quality of it, so I couldn't not get it!

Philosophy Bella Holidays ($16)
I had to make a holiday purchase for myself!  I've never tried anything from  Philosophy before, but apparently you can use this as a shower gel, to wash your hair, or as a bubble bath, which is pretty cool!  I used this a couple of times as my shower gel when I was at home for the Holidays, and I really loved this scent, it smelled so nice, just like Tiramisu.  I left it at home, so I'm looking forward to this summer when I go back so I can use it again (or just smell it ;)!).

Fresh Sugar Berry Merriment Set ($28)
Fresh Sugar Berry Lip Balm very lightly swatched
I've been wanting to try the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Balms for a really long time, so when I saw this cute gift set (gotta love the Holidays) for only about $5 more than the lip balm itself, I had to get it!  This has definitely gotten some love from me and it is VERY pigmented, lasts for hours and is really moisturizing.  I've also fallen in love with the Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub that came in the set, it's amazing!  The set also came with a sample of the Fresh Sugar Soy Cleanser and a sample of the Fresh Supernova Mascara, neither of which I've tried yet.

Caudalie Divine Oil Set ($42)
I've heard a lot about the Cauadlie Divine Oil and I was determined to try it, and this gift set seemed the perfect opportunity.  I've fallen in love with this, I put it in my hair after I shower and I think it's a really nice product, and it smells fantastic!  It also came with a candle (score) and a sample of the Crushed Cabernet Scrub, which I haven't tried yet (but I'm not too fond of the scent, it smells like olives).

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam ($25)
Lightly Swatched
I fell in love with this lipstick ever since I swatched it in September.  I don't really think that true red lipsticks suit me, so I thought this red with a hint of brown lipstick would be a great option for me.  It's really nice for a night out, or I like to sheer it out and pat it into my lips for daytime wear.

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto ($23)
I needed a new black eyeliner and I adore this eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte (nude color), so I thought I would invest in the black version! I even wrote a review on this, which you can check out here!

Left: NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde ($34)
Right: NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello ($34)
Isolde
Portobello
I've been wanting to try the NARS Eyeshadows out for a while, and after Essiebutton posted about Portobello on her blog, I decided I needed that shade.  The duos are the same size as a NARS blush, so it's really easy to confuse which is which in your makeup bag, but the quality of the shadows is really fantastic.  Portobello consists of two matte warm browns, which look really nice together and aren't too OTT for the day, but don't look out of place at night, either! You can check out my review on this here :)

I picked up Isolde when I was at Sephora right before Christmas, so I thought I would just throw it in with this haul.  It's two orangey-goldy colors that look really nice when set against blue eyes, as they make the blue pop! They're shimmery, but I haven't had any fallout occurences from either shadow! Great quality and nice to the touch, as well!

That is it for my VIB Sale Haul, I hope you enjoyed it :)  Hopefully, I'll be putting up some reviews about some of these products soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment